About Me

My Photo

Hi everyone! Welcome to my blog. I'm a middle aged beauty(yeah right) that loves nail polish along with makeup and skincare. I don't know how much I'll be able to teach but I just want to have fun with this and hope you all do enjoy or at least get a laugh from it. To let you know where I got the name from: I just became a grandmother for the first time on September 13, 2011 and had made it a fact that I would not be granny or grandma. I am gonna be a Mimi, hence the name.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Dalton Color Cosmetics Review


I really love Dalton Cosmetics and was given a chance to review some items that I did not own. First up is the cream eyeliners,

I love the airless container that she uses as I have had many cream liners dry up after only using a few times. 
From top to bottom are
 Minx, Bella Bronze, Plum Fantasy, Navy Shimmer and Black
Doris Dalton calls these smudge proof, budge proof and totally flexible and they are! I can truthfully and honestly say these are the only cream liners that I have found that last all day until I take them off. They apply smoothly and easily and last!
The benefits of these liners are:

Dermaflex- proprietary blend of ingredients that provide flexibility and movement in the formula.
  1. Amino Acid treated pigments-powerful peptides that are extremely effective in filling lines, smoothing skin and improving tone and color
  2. Vitamin E- natural healing antioxident known for it's help in cell reproduction for the prevention of wrinkles and premature aging
  3. Hyaluronic Spheres- known for moisture retention to plump fine lines and wrinkles
  4. Waterproof
  5. Lecithin- magnificent moisturizer with the abilities to deeply penetrate the skin
The colors are very pretty and more like something I would wear at my age rather than colors some of the younger generation wear. Its fine for them but the bright glittery liners are not for me at 52 years.
These retail at QVC singularly for $28.50

 Next up is her tilted volumizing mascara

 The wand twists from the tip end of it tilting the mascara brush to an angle that allows you to get into all your lashes better. They volumize and will curl your lashes up without even using a lash curler first. It also contains Nutra 6 complex to nourish your lashes. A duo pair on QVC sells for $26.82 I like that its nourishing my lashes while I wear it and curls them without a curler needed.
 Next I received the Brow Fix Natural Look Brow Gel with brush in blond
I haven't tried alot of brow products but this is one of the top I have used.

 Doris Dalton's Color Cosmetics was started after her having thyroid cancer and treatment which caused her to lose alot of her brows. This brow gel contains benefits that are good for your brows.
  1. Dermaflex- proprietary blend of ingredients that provide flexibility and movement in the formula.
  2. Amino Acid treated pigments-powerful peptides that are extremely effective in filling lines, smoothing skin and improving tone and color
  3. Vitamin E- natural healing antioxident known for it's help in cell reproduction for the prevention of wrinkles and premature aging
  4. Hyaluronic Spheres- known for moisture retention to plump fine lines and wrinkles
  5. Waterproof
  6. Lecithin- magnificent moisturizer with the abilities to deeply penetrate the skin
Also in clinical studies the results showed 90% of women saw fuller thicker brows after 30 days of use.
This brow gel comes in blond, auburn, brunette and black and retails for $28.00 on QVC. The blond is perfect for me. It's easily applied and looks natural.

The next product I tried is Conceal It Concealer and it sure does what it claims.
The instant high coverage of a concealer with the ease of a foundation! As soon I got this I had to try it all over my face as I'm always battling rosacea and broken capillaries.


It is in an airless compact like the liners and brow gel...love this!

 This is not my face but my arm, I have a medical problem that's hormonal or thin skin or something, different doctors tell me different things. But you know how old people get when they bump something and almost get a skin tear on their arm? That's the way I am, my arm can itch and just scratching it will pool the blood up under the skin. I am always trying to conceal it when I'm out with short sleeves.
 This is after applying the Conceal It concealer.
The pic about is the other forearm before...
This is after applying...the Conceal It concealer makes me less self conscious of my arms. Plus it covers my broken caps and rosacea on my face. I use it after applying a primer then apply a finishing powder to set it and it lasts all day. I don't swim so I can't say if it holds up through that but it does with my own hot flashing that I sometimes get.

 Another product to show you is a long wear shadow in Champagne and Plum Truffle in a mirrored compact. I liked this so much that I had purchased one before I was sent this for review so I was extra pleased that I would have a backup. 

The plum truffle is a color that I usually wear as I find it works with my hazel/brown eyes and the champagne is a subtle highlight for the brow bone.
I know this sells on QVC along with the brow fix for $38.00 but I don't know if its sold alone but for that price it would be a great way to try out the shadows and brow fix at the same time.
Dalton Color Cosmetics can be found here or on QVC.

Ok, the last product I have for you is H2Glow
Benefits:


Luminex XL- a revolutionary technology that enables the formula to remain moist without drying leaving a natural luster
Vitamin A- beneficial antioxidant that helps remove free radicals, promotes collagen production and retain moisture, which plumps fine lines and wrinkles to give the appearance of younger skin
Vitamin E- emollient known for its protection of free radicals while fighting skin discolorations
Grapeseed- antioxidant known for promoting cell health and skin elasticity
Jojoba oil- natural smoothing extract known for to soften and smooth the skin
Wheat germ oil- natural moisturizer soothes and smooths skin while improving circulation and repairing damaged skin cells
Avocado oil- rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, D, E and protein helps to reduce age spots, sun damage, and scarring with superior moisturizing effect.

H2Glow Highlighter is a lightweight cream highlighter that can be used on cheeks, above brows, shoulders or where ever you need a little light reflection. This creamy highlighter gives your skin a dewy appearance...its not shimmer or glitter, just a healthy glow. At my age, there are many highlighters out there that are too young for me but this one works to just give my skin a youthful appearance.
H2Glow retails for $27.50 on QVC.

*These products were provided by the company for my honest review.*

9 comments:

  1. Thank you Connie! I think I need to try those liners.

    Char :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Char, they are wonderful! The best cream liner on these wrinkling aging eyes!

      Delete
  2. I think I'm going to have to try some of these products. At least the eyeliners. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do try the eyeliners, I hope you have good luck with them as I do.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the great review Connie. I must try those liners and the concealer!! My eyes are both dry and watery at the same time and they repel liner. I am looking forward to trying these and hope I get the same great results you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Jini! The liners stay ALL day on me and that is a miracle. I also love the concealer all over as a foundation. I got my mother started on the products also and she's almost 86.

      Delete
  4. Hurm I'm gonna have to check them out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you do like them as much as I do Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried any Dalton products yet. It's interesting to know how the founder started her cosmetics line, for that I applaud her!

    ReplyDelete