About Me

My Photo

Hi everyone! Welcome to my blog. I'm a middle aged beauty(yeah right) that loves nail polish along with makeup and skincare. I don't know how much I'll be able to teach but I just want to have fun with this and hope you all do enjoy or at least get a laugh from it. To let you know where I got the name from: I just became a grandmother for the first time on September 13, 2011 and had made it a fact that I would not be granny or grandma. I am gonna be a Mimi, hence the name.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Guest Poster Wearing Zoya Jem


Today I have a special post with a guest Jin, who did this post for me because of some medical problems I'm having and not able to do my nails some days. Its special because of the person doing it plus her nails are simply gorgeous! Be sure to check out her blog at Superficially Colorful. Thank you so much for helping me out Jin!

Hello beautiful people! To those of you who don't know me, I am Jin. Nice to meet you :-D  I am so honored that Connie is letting me write a guest post in her blog!  So for this occasion I decided to use one of my special fall polishes. This is Jem, from Zoya's Fall 2011  Mirror collection. It is a deep pink-purple colored with some red undertones and a lot of pink and gold shimmer. In my opinion this is simply fall in a bottle.
Zoya - Jem
Zoya - Jem
Jem has it all really. The perfect formula, easy application, super fast drying time... If you're careful - it is even a one coater. And all that shimmer is so yummm!!! I couldn't really capture its full juiciness in my photos. I think it is definitely a MUST in any decent nail polish collection! By the way, in case you were wondering, Jem does look very close to another Zoya - Valerie, from winter 2010 Fire & Ice collection. But Jem is a lot more delicate. Its shimmer is much softer and not as flakie and it's pink-purple shade is more prominent then the blacken shade.
Zoya - Jem
Zoya - Jem
Zoya - Jem
Zoya - Jem
Zoya - Jem
Zoya - Jem
Then I decided to turn it into a lovely fall night by stamping some stars on it. I used  one of my favorite plates by Nailz Craze, - NC02 and Kleancolor Metallic Yellow to stamp some stars on my nails and added a comet as an accent nail. The result really felt like some magical skies to me, and I really hope you can see it too. If you do - may the magic wrap you all into a wonderful and special evening!
Zoya - Jem
Zoya - Jem
Zoya - Jem
Zoya - Jem
I really hope you like this mani and enjoyed my post. And now I hope you enjoy a warm and cozy evening with some yummy baked pumpkin and a great feel of magic! You can find Zoya - Jem on line at Zoya's shop. It retails for $8 by itself or with the entire Mirrors collection. You can find info of Nailz Craze's stamping plates here, and the info about ordering them here. Love, Jin

12 comments:

  1. One of my all time favourite polishes on one of my all time favourite gals. And great choice with the gold embellishments <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous!! I love that purple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it does look awesome on her!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! I have Jem and I haven't worn it yet, but I'll definitely bust it out soon. I love the gold stamping on top, as well! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete