About Me

My Photo

Hi everyone! Welcome to my blog. I'm a middle aged beauty(yeah right) that loves nail polish along with makeup and skincare. I don't know how much I'll be able to teach but I just want to have fun with this and hope you all do enjoy or at least get a laugh from it. To let you know where I got the name from: I just became a grandmother for the first time on September 13, 2011 and had made it a fact that I would not be granny or grandma. I am gonna be a Mimi, hence the name.

Friday, December 21, 2012

Guest Poster from Confessions Of A Sarcastic Mom


Here's a wonderful post from the talented Destany at Confessions Of A Sarcastic Mom! Thanks Des, and Merry Christmas, now I have to find a candy cane to nibble on! If you were here, I'd nibble on your nails!

Hi everyone! I am so honored to be doing a guest post for Mimi's Manis! I have a very special mani for you today. I don't normally do a lot of nail art, mostly because I have no skills...but I figured with the holidays upon it was high time I started experimenting! Like I said, I really don't have a lot of skills (I mostly call them fail art skills), but I thought I'd try my hand at candy cane striped nails :) Simple red and white, right? hahah! Nope!

My first attempt was laying a base of Cult Nails Evil Queen down and then taking an LA Colors striper polish and swiping some lines down on top of the red. It didn't go so well!





My second attempt was MUCH more successful! I used a base of Milani White on the Spot (which was provided to me by Milani), and then I used a Stripe Rite striper polish in red (provided to be my It's So Easy) and many some very quick, very thin, very oddly spaced stripes with it. This attempt came out much better!





Thanks Connie for allowing me to share with your readers! :)



4 comments:

  1. I like both of these, but the second is my fave, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are darling and so festive!! love them :) have a happy holiday xo following GFC http://plushpinkallure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete